Missouri Employment Law Attorneys
Many individuals may find themselves in a situation where they feel uncomfortable reporting an incident involving harassment, discrimination or retaliation in the workplace. We recognize that reporting such incidents can be difficult emotionally and confusing as to how and to whom to properly lodge a complaint. You should know that as an employee, your rights are protected under state and federal laws. If you are treated unfairly or wronged by your employer, talking to an attorney to learn your rights is often the best step you can take.
The attorneys at Thornberry Brown, LLC are here to provide the competent and aggressive representation you need when faced with an employment law matter. Our firm is dedicated to representing employees in a range of employment law matters, including:
- Employment discrimination claims: We represent individuals in Kansas and Missouri in all types of discrimination claims.
- Sexual harassment: We have experience handling claims involving sexual comments and innuendo, inappropriate touching, sexual advances, and other types of harassment based on sex
- Sexual discrimination: We have significant experience handling sex and gender discrimination matters as well as FMLA discrimination, sexual orientation discrimination and pregnancy discrimination cases.
- Race discrimination and harassment: Our lawyers are prepared to advocate for your best interests if you are discriminated against or harassed because of your race.
- Disability discrimination: If your employer discriminates against you because of a disability or refuses to make reasonable accommodations for your job, an attorney at our firm will ensure that your rights are enforced.
- Age discrimination: If you are over the age of 40 and being discriminated against because of your age, we will protect your rights.
- Retaliation for complaining about sexual harassment: If you have complained about sexual harassment and your employer has fired you or retaliated against you in the form of a demotion, pay cut or decrease in your hours, we will protect your rights.
- Retaliation: Our firm handles all claims involving employer retaliation for complaining about harassment or discrimination.
- FMLA retaliation: We frequently handle cases involving Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) retaliation, including maternity leave issues.
- Whistleblower protection: Our attorneys represent employees who have been terminated or otherwise retaliated against for reporting fraud, embezzlement or other illegal activities in the workplace.
- Wage and hour laws: Our Kansas City wage and hour lawyers represent employees who have been wronged by their employer in regard to pay for time worked including time spent donning and doffing uniforms or equipment.
- Overtime pay violations: We represent individuals in claims involving overtime pay violations and issues including the misclassification of employees.
- Missouri prevailing wage: Our firm represents employees of contractors and sub-contractors in prevailing wage claims involving public works projects.
- Wrongful termination: We advocate for employees who have been wrongfully terminated, whether that is based on sexual, racial, age or disability discrimination or harassment, retaliation, or complaints of illegal activity.
Contact Our Missouri Employment Law Lawyers
Good employers will work with you and respond quickly to your concerns. However, there are always some exceptions to the rules. This is where we step in as your personal advocate. Contact us at 816-531-8383 or 877-394-5619 to schedule a free initial consultation.